Friday, April 10, 2015

In August

In August ache was ageing on bare peepal trees
picked by the pointed beaks of notorious crows 
that took shade on a hot summer afternoon
In August you visited friends living in countries
with strange names
while I confided in strangers
whose names I tried and memorise.




In August you were wearing wings
while catching a flight
or sailing on escalators
on business trips that could be skipped
for a rendezvous with me,
while I leaned listlessly on lifts
and rode on rickety buses with peeling paints.
In August I dressed
in a nine to five folly
to repress solitude's spinster act.

In August we e-mailed
and you called daily
telepathy was the transition
in our voices so vulnerable,
In August defiance doomed to an early death
marvelled at how a continent
and a six hour flight would never let us meet
one I wanted, and that you didn't.




No comments:

Featured Post

Status of women in the Syrian Christian society

Introduction This article aims at showing the practices and procedures existing in the events of birth, marriage and death amidst t...